Saturday, March 9, 2013

Inexpensive LEGO Play Table


I have an active 6-year-old boy who LOVES Lego's, me not so much.  Bending over, on our knees, Lego's aren't my favorite thing to play with.  A Lego table was much needed but not at $100+!  This super simple idea is great and incredibly inexpensive.

Table: Ikea Lack Side Table $7.99 in Green (other great colors like white, grey, red, and black are all available but at different prices)

Lego Sheet: Lego Building Plate 15" x 15" (I bought it from Target but they are also on Amazon and at Toys R'us.  You can also go with 4 of 5" x 5" squares, about $6-8 each, my store was sold out and I was too lazy to go elsewhere.)

E6000 Glue: (available at Walmart, craft stores, etc.  Dries strong but not hard like hot glue and very difficult to remove so little fingers won't be prying it off.)


Just assemble the table and glue the plate into the center and for $23 you have a great end result!


No comments:

Post a Comment