Friday, May 9, 2014

Mother's Day! Lavender Salt Scrub with Coconut Oil


I wanted to make something special to give my friends and sisters for Mother's Day.  I remember a baby shower I went to about a year ago where the favor was a cute little jar of body scrub.  Since I've never made it before I perused Pinterest and find a couple of ideas.  I basically combined and switched them out to use the ingredients I had on hand and that I wanted to use.

I LOVE Coconut Oil and have been trying to find more ways to incorporate it into my life.  So here is what I came up with:


2 - 2 1/4 Cups Epsom Salt
8-10 Drops of Essential Oil (I used lavender that I had from making Toilet Bombs)
1/2 - 2/3 Cup Coconut Oil

Simply Mix them in a bowl, adding coconut oil to your desired consistency.  I did not use as much as other people suggested because I personally like a scrub that isn't over oily.  You can just melt the oil and add to the salt, stirring well.  Drop the oil, spread out over the mixture, and stir again.  I added a drop of blue and drop of red food coloring to turn it a little lavender (stir really well and let it sit before you use it).  Then simply spoon it into cute jars.

I picked up these jars at Tai Pan Trading for $1 each set of three.  I know Ikea has something like it, or you could just use mason jars.  I just printed the labels on card stock, cut out with a round punch, punched a hole and tied them to the jars.  The little spoons are just desert tasting spoons from Bed Bath and Beyond ($5 for 6).

You could print the labels at FedEx Office for a waterproof label.  I typically take the file on a jump drive and have it printed on clear label sheet using the laser printer for waterproofing.  Didn't have time today!

No comments:

Post a Comment